Life in Grenoble

Life in Grenoble

Saturday, May 17, 2014

What won't Zoe miss about France?

I am very sad to have to leave France so soon. It has been an amazing experience. If I could, I would stay in France much longer. The culture here is very different in comparison to the culture in the United States. I find it to be much more relaxed here than in the US, people take time to enjoy the small things in life and they just seem less stressed. 
Also the public transportation is wonderful, I am going to miss being able to just hop on the tram to go somewhere- it’s nice not having to worry about driving every time you want to go somewhere. However, honestly I think I will miss the food the most, especially the bread and cheese. It’s just not the same as the US. The baguettes are to die for, and the cheese here has a quality that can’t be found in the US. Not to mention if you try to buy French cheese in the US, it costs an arm and a leg compared to what it is here in France.

It has been a truly life changing experience here, I have met so many different people, had so many experiences than what I am used to in the US, some which brought me out of my comfort zone in a good way, and I learned so much about the French culture while improving my French. Living with a host family honestly made my experience much better than I think it would have been in a residence. I had the best host mom ever. She had my friends over and made big dinners all the time, and she helped me with French. Also it was nice knowing that she was there for me if I ever needed anything. 
 There isn’t one thing that I can say I am going to miss about France because I know I am going to miss it all. I’m not ready to leave but I know I have to. However I have plans to come back and stay for longer once I am done with school. That is something I would have never even considered before studying here in France. This was a once in a lifetime experience for me and something I will never forget. 
--Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment