I thought it would be fun to write about 10 annoying little things that are bound to happen if you live in France as a foreign student.
1. Saying "oui" when someone asks you a question and then having them ask if you understood what they said and having to say "non"
2. Becoming dependent on coffee and then not having a way to whiten your teeth (their products here don't work very well)
3. Hurting the roof of your mouth on day-old baguettes
4. Missing your tram/metro by a fraction of a second
5. Not understanding most cultural references and not knowing celebrities or artists in magazine covers
6. Messing up on your pronunciation and saying something you didn't mean to at all like a profanity or something vulgar
7. Having old men/ugly men approach/catcall you in the street
8. Being asked what Americans think of France and not knowing what to say (how often do we think about them, really?)
9. Having difficulties with which side to go first for the "bisous"
10. Not knowing how to tell an intricate story while trying to be funny and interesting