Life in Grenoble

Life in Grenoble

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Marjorie on hiking, moldy cheese and men


It’s the second week here in Grenoble and everyday I find something new that gives me more reason not to return back to the United States. In my last blog post I said that my family goes hiking at least once a week- guess what I did yesterday? Hiking. This town is so much different than my hometown because everyone here is so active and athletic. You always see people running, especially up to the Bastille, which I cant even imagine doing, and the majority of the people here are fit.
I love cheese as much as the next person, but there’s only so much moldy cheese a girl can eat before she wants to throw up. Some of the cheese here is really good, I’m just not a fan of the moldy cheese, or duck liver, or bunnies. Not my thing. But I still try everything that’s put in front of me, because I’m always surprised at what I do like.

Another thing I’ve noticed here that’s different from back home, is that the guys are a lot more… ballsy, if you will. They aren’t afraid to go up to a girl and tell her she’s pretty, which is a nice self esteem booster don’t get me wrong. I’ve volunteered to work at the American Corner which is a resource center that provides information about the United States, how to move there, etc. Today, I’m also going to sign up to take a trip to Venice. That’s one thing I love about being in Europe; taking a weekend trip to Italy or Switzerland is the equivalent of taking a weekend trip to Philadelphia, but not as cool, because it’s a different state, not a different country. 

--Marjorie

No comments:

Post a Comment