Life in Grenoble

Life in Grenoble

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Keeping up with Marjorie's host parents

My host family is the most amazing family I’ve ever met, besides my own, of course. My host dad, Xavier is extremely athletic. He goes running at 6am before work every morning. Every weekend, he’s always doing something active. This past weekend, he went skiing at Vercors. He’s very social; every week he has a designated night to play Bridge with his friends and comes home very late- such a party animal. 

My host mom, Caroline, is a precious little housewife. She works part time from home, but she still gets up every morning at 7:30 to get her day started. She cleans the apartment every morning and runs errands every day. I don’t know what kind of errands she runs, but she leaves the house for a good amount of time every day.

Both my “parents” are extremely social. They often take weekend trips to Lyon to go to the theater, meet up with friends, eat dinner, etc. Today, Caroline had a couple friends over for lunch, which is nothing new at our apartment. Every time there is company here, Caroline is eager to put on a show and please everyone- she’s such a cute woman.

My host parents are very encouraging of me to travel. This past weekend I went to Geneva, and Xavier and Caroline were just as excited for me as I was to go. Traveling around Europe is so easy with the train, there’s no reason to not travel. Geneva was absolutely amazing and I can’t wait to continue traveling around Europe.

--Marjorie

No comments:

Post a Comment