Life in Grenoble

Life in Grenoble

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Marjorie travels throughout history



I’ve been traveling a lot these past few months. For our spring break, I traveled to Amsterdam, Munich, Berlin, and Krakow. A lot of my friends went to Barcelona or Greece for their vacation, but I based my vacation around history. In Amsterdam, I visited Anne Frank’s house. I’ve dreamed about going there since I first read her diary. Amsterdam offers a lot of different museums as well. I went to the Jewish Historical Museum, and exhibition on the Titanic, a Torture Museum, and I went to the Red Light District and went to a prostitute museum… it was very informational.
In Munich, I visited Dachau Concentration Camp- the first camp set in place by the Nazi’s, and, Munich was the birthplace of Nazism. In Berlin, I went on many tours. I visited the Berlin Wall, Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate, a bunch of memorials for the victims of World War Two, and Hitler’s bunker. I went to Krakow for one reason only- Auschwitz. I’ve been dreaming of going there since I was little. History has always been a passion of mine and to actually be at Auschwitz Extermination Camp was beyond incredible. Not many young people can say they’ve been there. It was such a heartbreaking experience but I’m so happy I was able to go.

--Marjorie

No comments:

Post a Comment